Friday 27 April 2012

Bertie needs to calm down...


"The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable" is how Oscar Wilde characterised the sport of fox hunting. (As a fox terrier, I know about these things.)

Might I suggest that this week's spat between Donald Trump and Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond, is a case of the 'speaks to much' in pursuit of the 'eats too much'.

And that both these gentlemen are flattered by a comparison with their doggy lookalikes.

Grrrrrh. Some things make a chap cross. I think it's time I found another wood to visit, to help me calm down.

 Tyrebagger Wood - a good place to de-stress

PS Gail says to tell you thank you dear readers for all your comments on yesterday's post. I vote for liver treats strewn across the back lawn! (As suggested by Riley's mum).

10 comments:

  1. Bertie, deep breaths, deep breaths, think calming thoughts. Perhaps a good chase would help or have you ever tried Doga??

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they do bear uncanny likenesses to those dogs... but of course the dogs are much more handsome... and dare I say intelligent!
    New woods are great aren't they, lots of new sniffs and unsuspecting squirrels he he he. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The likeness is unmistakeable! Hope you enjoyed your walkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like TWINS.
    I thought you would CHEWS the Liver Treats sprinkled about. I like that method myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bawhahahaha! My assistant is laughing her head off about these twin pictures!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stoopid hoomans aways iwwitate me and they only wish they looked as good as theiw doggie lookalikes
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete
  7. breathe in, breathe out!!!
    Yah I go for the liver treats too. Ha!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know why The Donald is having a spat with your First Minister, but I'm sure it's something The Donald is wrong about. I'll have to read back to find out if you had anything to say about his wanting to be president here and put TRUMP in big gold letters across the front of the White House, which he would have renamed the Trump House, of course. The resounding lack of interest from the public put a crimp in that plan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bertie

    I've missed you while I've been on enforced blog rest but I am busy catching up on you posts now.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete